Lead Certified Surgical Technologist - Surgery (.9 FTE, Days/Evenings)
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Wage Range: $28.87 - $48.18 / hour
- Up to $5,000.00 sign-on bonus for 1-year current Surg Tech
- Up to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus for 2 years current Surg Tech
- Up to $15,000.00 sign-on bonus for 3 years current Surg Tech
experience **Sign-on bonus open to new employees of EvergreenHealth
only. Amount pro-rated depending on FTE of position (.5 FTE-1.0
FTE)Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to
maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range
reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the
highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based
on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined
based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of
education and internal equity.Job Summary
Performing as a Lead Surgery Tech-Cert facilitates effective
communication, coordinates resource development, provides technical
guidance, directs staff teaching and staff orientation, and
coordinates materials management of specialty area(s).Primary
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as described in the
Surgical Tech-Cert job description.
- Serves as a resource for the charge nurse and MDs in managing
the daily schedule including selection process of case carts and
equipment, staff, duration of case, and other specialized needs of
the surgery team.
- Serves as a role model and clinical resource, incorporating
appropriate policies, procedures and use of equipment for all
- Serves as a resource and facilitator for specialty area with
appropriate multi-disciplinary involvement in the provision of
- Identifies instrument, supply, and equipment needs within the
specialty. Utilizes input from staff, MDs, and literature.
Communicates needs effectively to the Clinical Manager and charge
- Contributes to budget development in specialty area.
- Directs and assists in cost control of supplies and equipment
for their specialty(s).
- Assists in monitoring the maintenance of equipment. Assists in
the creation, implementation, and monitoring of maintenance
schedules appropriate to his/her specialty area.
- Develops and plans new services and/or programs and coordinates
program implementation and evaluation.
- Assists preceptor in assessing and facilitating orientation of
medical and unit staff on all shifts.
- Arranges / provides in-services to staff on new equipment /
procedures and assists with the planning and implementation of
educational programs for staff and patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.License, Certification,
Education or Experience:REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be registered as a Surgical Technologist within the State
- Must maintain certification as related to LCC-ST
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in specialty area.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills. Demonstrated
initiative and positive attitude in problem solving.
- 2 years experience as a Surgical Technologist in an Acute Care
setting (May be waived at the discretion of the hiring
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of
Choices that care for you and your familyAt EvergreenHealth, we
appreciate our employees commitment and contribution to our
success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and
resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help
our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- On-demand virtual health care
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (457(b) and 401(a) with employer
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Voluntary legal insurance
- Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
- Free parking
- Commuter benefitsView a summary of our total rewards available
to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link
below.2023 Benefits GuideThis position is covered by a collective
bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the United Food
and Commercial Workers (UFCW). Union membership is optional.
Please see job description
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Lead Certified Surgical Technologist - Surgery (.9 FTE, Days/Evenings), Healthcare , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...