Pharmacist - Pharmacy (24 hrs/wk)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Responsible for monitoring drug therapy for both inpatients and
outpatients. Provides pharmaceutical consultation to physicians,
other health care workers, patients, and the general public. Is
also responsible for the preparation and dispensing of
pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy.Primary Duties:
1. Performs a review of each medication order assuring safe and
effective dosage, route, and rate of administration. Also assures
minimization of preventable drug interactions, therapeutic
duplication, allergic reactions, and adverse drug reactions.
2. Performs P&T established therapeutic interchanges and
intravenous to oral medication conversion.
3. Provides medication teaching/counseling to patients as
4. Understands pharmacoeconomics, and actively promotes cost
effective drug therapy.
5. Follows the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee established drug
formulary, works with physicians to modify non-formulary orders to
formulary drugs when possible.
6. Provides drug information to health care providers in reply to
specific requests in a timely fashion and presents the information
in a form that aids the decision making process for a specific
patient where applicable.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.REQUIRED for the
- Current Washington state pharmacist license
- Bachelors degree
- Math skills necessary to perform drug dosing and compounding
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of
hireDESIRED for the position:
- Resident training, Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent
- Preceptor license
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , Pharmacist - Pharmacy (24 hrs/wk), Healthcare , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!