Company: PetVet Care Centers
Posted on: November 12, 2021
We are a busy specialty practice with hospitals in both Kirkland
and Renton. We pride ourselves on our collaborative partnership
with primary care veterinarians, giving exceptional patient care
and excellent client service, and for being a truly great place to
work!Our hospital is paperless, and we are AAHA accredited. We
primarily see dogs and cats, but we also see horses, small animals,
wildlife, and all kinds of exotics! We are ophthalmology-only so we
do not handle euthanasia and end of life care, but compassion is
still a must. Along with excellent patient and client care, we
value quality medicine, integrity, and going beyond expectations in
all that we do. We are looking for a friendly, smart, and
hardworking candidate. We have an on-call rotation and we see some
emergencies after hours so some flexibility in hours worked is
required. Basic vet tech duties are required for this position but
ophthalmology experience is not required as we will train you in
this area. Our work schedule is four 10 hour shifts. No Weekends!
Starting pay if from $25.00 an hour more on experience! Benefits
after 30 working days!Position Overview: The Veterinary Technician
supports hospital operations by providing dedicated quality
veterinary care and exceptional service to our patients and
clients. You will assist in providing patient care, conducting
examinations, assisting during surgery, provide nursing care, and
maintaining patient medical records. Tasks include:
- Determine animal requirements by conducting examinations and
interviews, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory
tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples,
administering medications, drugs, and vaccines, and bandaging and
- Support patient examinations and operations by assembling
required supplies and instruments, securing and bringing patients
to examination rooms, and restraining patients.
- Fill prescriptions and administer medications, including proper
documentation, logging and security of controlled drugs.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by
following documented standards and procedures in compliance with
applicable legal regulations.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients' conditions,
reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in
catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and digital
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of
education, and/or experience.
- Two or more years of experience with veterinary appointments
performing above duties.
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT), Licensed Veterinary
Technician (LVT), Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), or the
Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician (LVMT) preferred.Able to
perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot
of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially
hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic
diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends
and holidays.What We Offer:
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Discounts for employee pets
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Scrub allowance
- CE budget
- $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!Job Type: Full-timePay: $25.00 - $30.00
per hourCOVID-19 considerations:During the COVID-19 pandemic, we
require all staff to wear a mask while at work. In addition to
masks, we practice frequent hand washing, sanitizing, and practice
social distancing whenever possible.--Please apply online
Keywords: PetVet Care Centers, Kirkland , Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!