RN - Hospice Home Care (40hrs/wk, Day)
Posted on: January 7, 2021
****Up to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus for those new to
Our hospice is growing-if you are an RN looking for a long-term,
supportive and stable organization, please consider applying. We
believe supporting our staff absolutely translates to better
Hospice is as rewarding as it is challenging. Providing clinical,
emotional and spiritual care to patients and their families at end
of life is a privilege and we are looking for nurses interested in
embracing the challenges and joy inherent to our work in the
EvergreenHealth Hospice focuses on providing the highest quality of
life possible for our patients and our publicly reported patient
satisfaction outcomes demonstrate our success and leadership in our
field as the premier hospice agency. Collaboration is key to the
best possible patient experience and our interdisciplinary teams
are adept at balancing symptom management and all the varied needs
of a family anticipating the loss of a loved one. A core element of
EvergreenHealth Hospice is our goal of continuous improvement in
clinical quality and we actively encourage staff participation in
process improvement projects and, most importantly, allow our staff
the time to provide exceptional care for our patients. As a nurse,
this means a lower caseloads and/or visit assignment compared to
other hospice agencies in our area. Our size in both King and
Snohomish counties also allows us to offer more compact territories
for case managers.
Work Monday - Friday with a holiday rotation and no scheduled
Admission & Float Clinicians:
There are full time schedules with some weekend coverage or several
part time schedule and shift options including a 7 days on 7 days
After orientation, all clinicians routinely start their day from
home with weekly required IDT meetings at the Kirkland office.
EvergreenHealth Hospice Home Care is committed to providing the
highest quality of care to our patients in both King and Snohomish
counties. Hospice clinicians visit patients where they live -
private homes, assisted living, adult family homes and skilled
nursing facilities - providing care and support to the patient and
their family unit during their end of life journey.
1. Provides direct patient care.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of
patients (including, but not limited to home care patients).
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education
4. Initiates patient start of care through established admission
5. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care,
incorporating patient and family/significant other into the
6. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary
team members to develop and implement patient and
family/significant other plan of care.
7. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient
information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality
issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
8. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a
timely basis, to team members, DPOA, and physician.
9. Delivers nursing care within established standards of care,
hospice, hospital and unit guidelines, policies and procedures.
10. Functions as a patient advocate.
11. Assists other staff in completion of their duties, when time
12. Recognizes situations when appropriate assistance is needed to
effectively execute the nursing process.
13. Promotes good public relations between patient, family members,
hospital, and community.
14. Practices within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of
employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of
- Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement
between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association
(WSNA). Union membership is optional.
The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
(BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that
end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN
program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of
For internal applicants only: This BSN requirement does not apply
to Registered Nurses hired before April 1, 2014 and does not impede
the ability to transfer internally for those working on a BSN who
were hired after April 1, 2014.
Keywords: EvergreenHealth, Kirkland , RN - Hospice Home Care (40hrs/wk, Day), Healthcare , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!