Director Of Engineering
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Introduction to Blueline:At Blueline our people are the primary
reason our clients recommend us to others. Team members actively
engage with each other, our partners, and our clients in a
collaborative way that emphasizes teamwork. We're able to do this
because we're truly passionate about what we do and about leaving
behind an enduring legacy of quality. At Blueline you will enjoy a
hybrid flexible work-life balance, competitive pay, 100%
employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K matching
options, and much more!What We Are Looking For:The Director of
Engineering is responsible for delivering the highest level of
excellence from the Engineering Department and its team members.
This role will oversee the Engineering Department and ensure
performance is aligned with Blueline and industry standards.Duties
and Responsibilities:Leadership and Development:
- Oversee Project Engineers, Engineers-in-Training, and CAD staff
to ensure the quality of work is consistent with Blueline's quality
standards, as well as meeting all applicable deadlines and
- Being accountable for the development of and successful
implementation of Professional Development Plans (PDPs) for Project
Engineers and Engineers-in-Training with assistance from the
Engineering Discipline Leads.
- Provide technical guidance to Project Engineers,
Engineers-in-Training, and CAD staff on project design-related
- Defining and controlling the Engineering Department's processes
- Establish the Engineering Department's short and long-term
goals, including cultural goals, and ensure they are aligned with
overall company-wide strategic goals and are accomplished.
- Maintain and improve employee morale by meeting regularly with
staff members and establishing an open line of communication.
- Show up each day ready to motivate the team and lead by
- Work closely with Supervisors to ensure engineering staff is
properly trained to execute all duties they are expected to carry
- Mentoring Engineering staff as necessary to help them achieve
their professional goals.
- Providing input on Engineering staff training needs to
- Providing annual 360 reviews of Engineering staff to
- Actively providing feedback on team members to Supervisors for
Immediate Impact Awards.
- Assist with preparation of Engineering staff job descriptions,
identify potential candidates, and participate in staff recruiting
- Assisting Profit Center Leads with annual revenue estimates and
budgets for continuing education and training for Engineering
- Keep current on industry trends and evaluate if implementation
would benefit the company.
- Pursue and maintain professional licensure in the state(s)
other than Washington (as required).
- Act as Project Manager on a handful of civil engineering
- Align the Engineering department's revenue streams and
marketing objectives with company and Profit Center goals.
- Champion cross-selling of all Blueline's services and
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with City and
County jurisdictions.Qualifications You Will Need:
- Strong background and success with project and people
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all their
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with other
employees, clients, and teaming partners.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's (or advanced) Degree in Civil Engineering from a
four-year ABET college or university.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience at a private
consulting firm (Supervisory and/or Director level experience
preferred).Does this sound like a fit? Apply Today!
Keywords: Blueline, Kirkland , Director Of Engineering, Executive , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!