Company: Proliance Surgeons
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Oversees a four room ASC that supports multiple Proliance
surgeon practices which include Orthopedics, General Surgery and
Otolaryngology. Responsible for directing, coordinating and
controlling all aspects of the operating functions, processes, and
staff of the center while demonstrating the primary goal of
efficiently providing surgical services that exceed customer
expectations and improve clinical and financial operations. Key
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and is accountable for
- The daily operation of the center.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulatory agencies and
- Serving, along with the Medical Director as a liaison between
the Governing Board, the Medical Staff and all departments of the
- Working closely with the Medical Director and reports the
pertinent activities concerning the center to the Governing Board
at regular intervals.
- Designating a person responsible for the center in the absence
of the Administrator.
- Conducting planning for the services provided by the center and
the operation of the center.
- Develops and implements a plan to grow center services in
accordance with the business plan for the center.
- Identifies and develops new services defined as appropriate for
ambulatory surgery centers in accordance with specific state
limitations for the center (if any).
- Fosters positive public relations.
- Oversees all Clinical Services
- Ensures that the surgical programs and clinical services are in
compliance with the respective components of regulatory body and
accrediting body standards.
- Works in conjunction with the Medical Director and Governing
Board in the evaluation and development of existing and new
surgical services at the center.
- Manages the clinical departments of nursing, central supply,
medical records, and housekeeping, and supervises the contracted
services to include pathology, janitorial, pharmacy consultant,
laundry and biomedical engineering.
- Participates in patient care as needed.
- Monitors the adequate function of surgical equipment and
patient care equipment through contracted services and follows-up
- Oversees Business Operations
- Works with revenue cycle leaders to define expectations for
business office functions and monitors performance, participates in
plan of correction (if needed) and communicates variances to the
- Monitors and interprets financial statements (Income statement,
balance sheet, revenue reports) advising the Medical Director and
Governing Body of impact of decisions upon financial results.
- Develops, monitors and controls the staffing needs, operations
budget and capital budget.
- Develops, monitors and controls the purchasing plan to stay
within the proposed budget and maintain compliance with group
- Negotiate and control all external contracts, such as those
with physicians, ancillary services, plant maintenance, and
purchasing agreement in collaboration with the CSO Director of
- Establish pricing for procedures based on cost analysis and
local market standards in conjunction with the CSO Contracting
Committee such that pricing follow enterprise standards.
- Foster positive work relationships among all departments of the
center and act as liaison between Central Service Office and all
staff at the center.
- Develop and ensure compliance with appropriate departmental
policy and procedure manuals for use by the staff.
- Closely monitor variations in the financial performance of the
center to optimize cash flow.
- Holds at least monthly staff meeting outlining goals and
priorities of the center.
- Manages exempt and non-exempt employees in accordance with the
center policies utilizing sound principles of practice and
- Evaluates performance of direct reports as reviewing staff
performance as evaluated by their respective managers, ensuring
that reviews occur as scheduled or at least annually for each
- Reviews and approves the disciplinary action and/or discharge
of employees in consultation with Proliance Surgeon Human
- With Board approval, approves the addition or deletion of
- Recruits, evaluates and approves applicants for employment in
new or vacant positions.
- Monitors employee productivity and assures efficiency of staff
levels through increases or reductions in the work force as
necessitated by changes in surgical case volume.
- Implements a program of job based orientation, training, and
ongoing evaluation for all employees.
- Manages all employee files and records.
- Provides educational opportunities for professional staff
- Promotes the implementation of positive customer relations by
the employees and physicians.
- Develops, implements and evaluates a continuous Performance
- Administers the infection control program and medical staff
review of the quality improvement program.
- Identifies and corrects quality care issues.
- Develops and monitors statistical indicators to use in
evaluating the overall operations and quality of care
- Submits required reports to CSO team and participates in
benchmarking and outcomes programs.
- Serves as a member of the Quality Improvement Committee.
- Medical Staff
- Processes the privileging of practitioners of the ASC.
- Collaborates with the Medical Director in the review and
revision of the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations on a
- Collaborates with the Medical Director and serves as a liaison
in problem areas with the medical staff.
- Promotes positive relationships between employees and
- Administrative Representative
- Attend Proliance Surgeons administrative meetings representing
- Act in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the center
- Maintain membership in professional associations relevant to
ambulatory surgery facilities and healthcare administration.
- Stay current in changes in the healthcare environment, such as
reimbursement, clinical practice standards, regulatory and
legislative issues and laws, and act accordingly in the best
interest of the center. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Medical Director, Surgeons, Practice Managers, Central Office
team members Motivating/Leading
- Skilled leader with a collaborative style who influences change
and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move teams
- Compassion for colleagues and subordinates and able to sustain
collegiality and team orientation in a high performance
- Leverages strengths-based leadership to give effective,
meaningful feedback, develop others, and maximize employee
- Ability to serve as both a hands-on manager and a high
performing individual contributor.
- Excellent judgment, understands what s/he does not know and
what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that
- Maintains focus on Mission and core values Communications
- Listens with sensitivity and openness
- Actively seeks constructive feedback and remains open and
receptive to it
- Anticipates the information needs of others
- Capable communicator who is able to articulate ideas, thoughts
and questions clearly and appropriately.
- Reviews and interprets financial statements
- Interpretation of patient accounting software reports
- Monitoring key performance indicators to include: Case volumes,
OR Utilization Rates, expense metrics Customer Service
- Takes personal responsibility for customer satisfaction and
service excellence, anticipating the needs of our customers and
keeping abreast of current trends that impact our service to
- Consistently goes out of the way to listen, understand, and
support the needs of others in a sensitive manner Quality
- Performs challenging tasks efficiently and effectively
- Anticipates problems and takes corrective action prior to
completing the task
- Sets challenging objectives and works against self-defined
standards of excellence to continually improve personal performance
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to anticipate and respond proactively in a
- Proven ability to establish and articulate strategic priorities
and objectives Problem Solving
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value
and delivering superior results.
- Demonstrated management skills and ability to work effectively
to build relationships with colleagues, customers, and executive
management through positive interaction Flexibility and response to
change/Dealing with ambiguity
- Proven ability to organize multiple projects, schedules,
demands and to meet shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to study, understand, adapt and respond
effectively to a constantly changing environment.
Education/Experience Education: Bachelor's degree in health care
administration, nursing or a business discipline - RN required.
Experience: Five or more years of healthcare management experience
(ASC preferred), including responsibility for regulatory
compliance. Experience as a circulating or perioperative nurse,
specifically in orthopedics or ENT. Demonstrated skills in finance,
human resources, marketing, operations and strategy. Strong
Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word skills; EMR and Amkai Office/SIS
Complete a plus Certifications/Licenses: Registered Nurse -
Washington State License The work environment/physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This
description is intended to describe the essential job functions,
the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements
for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so
classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains
the right to add or change the duties at any time. Proliance
Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX,
Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more!--Plus ALL of our
employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program
offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day -
including cell phone service! Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an
inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all
backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. All
employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or
ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or
sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership
status, past or present military service, family medical history or
genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on
any of these characteristics.--
Keywords: Proliance Surgeons, Kirkland , ASC Director, Executive , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!