Senior Manager of Reimbursement
Company: Kestra Medical Technologies, Inc
Posted on: January 9, 2021
The Kestra team has over 400 years of experience in the external
and internal cardiac medical device markets. The company was
founded in 2014 by industry leaders inspired by the opportunity to
unite modern wearable technologies with proven device therapies.
Kestra's solutions combine high quality and technical performance
with a wearable design that provides the greatest regard for
patient comfort and dignity. Innovating versatile new ways to
deliver care, Kestra is helping patients and their care teams
harmoniously monitor, manage, and protect life.This position is
responsible for both the intake and processing of insurance claims
for our customers to a multitude of companies across the nation.
This position is accountable for the development and implementation
of current and future strategies to bill funding sources and
customers, process payments, minimize bad debt, improve cash flow
and manage the overall health of the company's revenue and
receivables. This is the foundational position of this function.
This position will be responsible for building out the department
to support Kestra's growth.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Manage all activities related to reimbursement cycle
performance to meet strategic goals.
- Own Patient Management Billings System including development of
reporting mechanisms for the management team.
- Develop strategic plans and programs for the Reimbursement
Cycle and ensure that goals and objectives are properly defined and
- Develop policies, guidelines, and procedures and ensures
consistent company-wide implementation & compliance.
- Plan and direct intake, patient insurance verification, billing
and collections and data processing to ensure accurate patient
billing, scheduling and efficient account collection.
- Set clear production expectations and quality standards for
Intake, Billings and Collections teams.
- Enhance and standardize work-flow processes throughout the
revenue cycle to assist in achieving consistency in maintaining the
critical success factors outlined in the company's standard
- Monitor effectiveness of collection efforts and maintains
insurance billings are current within the established timeframe
specified in the department policy.
- Coordinates and manages hiring, training, mentoring,
performance, and continuous education of reimbursement team.
- Ensures productivity of reimbursement team assignments and
directs work order caseloads, shifting responsibilities when
- Responsible for employee and client conflict resolution. If
resolution cannot be achieved, passes issue to appropriate level of
- Train staff in use of billing software to ensure proper and
efficient claim submission.
- Ability to be a self-starter, seek new and better methods, and
work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrates deep expertise in profession and industry best
- Ability to collaborate within a Team environment and across
- Capability to discern relevant facts and in turn, effectively
resolve issues by making good decisions (compliance, quality,
integrity, ethics, and critical thinking ability)
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced goal-oriented
- Demonstrates the understanding of deadlines and time limits,
ability to accomplish goals, and the desire to
- Bachelor's degree required
- 12-15 years of combined experience in the following areas: DME
/ HME reimbursement process (funding, billing & collections),
network development, payor relations, healthcare
marketplace/management, implementation of health plan contracts and
reimbursement service operations, required. 2 years' experience at
a Senior Manager level or above, preferred.
- 6 years' management experience, with a minimum of five direct
- Advance knowledge/proficiency in government (Medicare/Medicaid)
regulations and Commercial Insurance Contracts, as required.
- Strong background in financial management and knowledgeable of
federal and state laws and requirements relating to
- Proficiency with Bonafide, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)/Home Medical Equipment (HME)
- Indoor open office environment
- Minimal noise volume typical to an office environment
- Extended hours when needed
- Drug-free, as per FDA regulations
- Frequent repetitive motions that may include wrists, hands
and/or fingers, such as keyboard and mouse usage
- Frequent stationary position, often standing or sitting for
prolonged periods of time
- Frequent computer use
- Frequent phone and other business machine use
- Occasional lifting required, up to 25 poundsPHYSICAL
- Occasional travel, domestic and international, may be required,
less than 10%OTHER DUTIES:This job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Team Member. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be
assigned at any time with or without notice.BenefitsKestra offers a
full suite of benefits including 401K, Medical, Dental, PTO
Keywords: Kestra Medical Technologies, Inc, Kirkland , Senior Manager of Reimbursement, Executive , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!