Care Manager - Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Company: Beacon Health Options
Posted on: October 9, 2020
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with
behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader
in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across
all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering
a'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you
click'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential,
while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for
Beacon is currently seeking a Care Manager-Applied Behavior
Analysis (ABA)a highly organized and compassionate professional to
join our team in Beaverton, OR. The Care Manager- ABA authorizes
and reviews utilization of ABA services while operating under a
BCBA certification; assists with discharge planning and ambulatory
follow up activity, provides member assistance and participates in
special utilization projects. continuity of care.
What does a typical day look like?
- Performs care review and authorization determinations for
prospective, concurrent and discharge review with ABA providers as
- Determines appropriate level of care related to ABA treatment
for members based on applicable medical necessity level of care
- Consults with Beacon Physician Advisors (PA) when requests for
services do not appear to meet medical necessity criteria
- Interacts with Physician Advisors to discuss
clinical/authorization questions, alternative treatment options and
concerns regarding specific cases
- Provides information to members and providers regarding ABA
benefits and community treatment resources
- Provides telephone triage and crisis intervention to callers
and, when necessary, assists with ensuring members have access to
local services and resources
- Ensures notification of care determination is made to provider
- Identifies and refers high risk members to care
- Recognizes quality of care issues and reports them
appropriately through internal and external processes.
- Interacts with providers and facilities in a professional,
- Complies with all Beacon policy guidelines, external regulatory
requirements and URAC/NCQA accreditation standards.
- Participates in clinical rounds
- Assists with NCQA, URAC and other QI initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
What you Contribute?
Education: Master's degree or higher in a health related field.
- Certain specialties may require specific certification, such as
Board Certified Behavior Analyst, in addition to educational
Licensure: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) required
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
- Minimum of two (2) years, post licensure, of combined direct
behavioral health clinical and managed care experience. Contracts
may dictate other specific experience and/or licensure
- Strong problem solving, organizational and good written and
verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills needed to frequently interact
with members, families, providers and insurance representatives to
address a variety of concerns and requests.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel,
Remote position must reside in Oregon or Washington State
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job- it's an opportunity to change
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members,
providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health& wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for?
Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free
Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top
priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using
official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates
who have applied for an open position through our Careers page
(careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview
process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the
phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon
recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable
information from you.
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Kirkland , Care Manager - Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Executive , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!