Senior End to End Performance Engineer
Company: Pivotal Commware
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems
and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming - , a patented
breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to
create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct
radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy
beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption
(C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize
capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an
essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to
the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal---. The Senior End-to-End
Performance Engineer is a 5G NR SME and Data Scientist focused on
the customer experience enabled by Pivotal's ecosystem of hardware
and software products. They will lead initiatives to analyze large
datasets from deployed systems, combining it with test data,
support tickets, and system knowledge to proactively identify
performance trends and insights across the system relating it back
to end user experience. - Responsibilities
- For new products and software, create test cases for end-to-end
performance including defining pass/fail thresholds and
- Train test engineers in performing these tests using defined
tools and hardware (UE, CPE, Scanner, XCAL, QXDM, or similar).
- Track field issues, findings, and customer tickets to identify
gaps in test scenarios and adds to the test plan as needed.
- Using multiple independent, discrete datasets combine them to
search for correlation between reported metrics,
simulation/modeling, and field test results.
- Proactively identify performance trends, create KPI and alarm
formulas based on reported metrics.
- Support Pivotal Field Teams with new site monitoring and
analysis. Create reports and templates for new sites or site
modifications. Automates reporting and Anomaly Detection.
- Investigate new data sources and inputs including network
topology, O-RAN RIC xAPPs, or other custom data feeds. Help define
how Pivotal ingests and uses this data to improve the customer
- Working with Product Support, IBMS, and NOC teams identify
opportunities for KPI based alarming. Define workflows including
alarm identification and triage. Automate as much as possible.
- Track individual devices or groups of devices to identify
issues. Creates tools and workflow to automate problem
- Define, create Proof of Concept, and test new features related
to Self-Optimizing/Self-Healing networks. -Required Qualifications
- Multiple years of experience as an RF Engineer, System
Performance Engineer, Data Scientist, Analyst, or similar
- Experience with 3GPP standards, specifically LTE and 5G NR RAN.
Familiarity with O-RAN standards a plus
- Expertise in data wrangling/manipulation using Python, Pearl,
R, Excel, or similar
- Experience using API's to import and export data
- Able to create dashboards, graphs, charts, and other
visualizations to convey data in a clear manner to both technical
and non-technical audiences. Power BI experience a plus
- Experience with LTE/NR network or device testing using UE's,
PCI Scanners, Spectrum Analyzers, and similar tools.
- Experience with Repeaters, DAS, and Small Cell design and
- Experience in collecting, processing, analyzing, and presenting
LTE or 5G network test results. Use of GIS tools is a plus (QGIS,
ArcGIS, MapInfo, Tableau)
- Able to build and foster relationships with external
- Uses flexible solutions and "out of the box" thinking to
resolve issues and drive to a solution
- Able to work collaboratively with a geographically diverse
- Willingness to travel up to 10% Pivotal was named among
Washington's Top 100 Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021. At
Pivotal you will join a team experienced in advanced
communications, RAN system development and deployment, commercial
antenna's, RF design, cloud-based management software and machine
learning. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating
endeavor, then we would like to hear from you! Pivotal is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each
individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills,
and experiences within our workforce.
Keywords: Pivotal Commware, Kirkland , Senior End to End Performance Engineer, Engineering , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!