Reliability Project Engineer
Company: Kenworth Truck Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Headquartered in the scenic Pacific Northwest, Kenworth Truck
Company is a division of PACCAR Inc, a global Fortune 250 Company,
and operates with a clear vision "to be The World's Best - Heavy
and Medium Duty Truck supplier."At Kenworth you have 5,500
colleagues around the world. There is a strong corporate culture
that unites us in a friendly and professional way. This includes a
genuine passion for trucks, for people and for quality. As The
World's Best, we recognize that our success would not be possible
without our dynamic employees. As a Kenworth employee, you will
have access to professional development and global opportunities in
a challenging, high performance environment.
Company InformationPACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in
1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial
vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with
internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and
DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design,
manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-,
and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF
nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel
engines, provides financial services and information technology,
and distributes truck parts related to its principal
business.Whether you want to design the transportation technology
of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic,
international leader, or build our excellent products and services,
you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get
started!Kenworth Truck CompanyKenworth Truck Company is the
manufacturer of The World's Best - heavy and medium duty trucks.
Kenworth is an industry leader in providing solutions that help
increase the quality of the ride for our customers. The company's
dedication to the highest quality fleet includes aerodynamic
trucks, electrified solutions, and medium duty diesel-electric
hybrids.Requisition SummaryKenworth Truck Company is seeking a
Reliability Engineer to support product development by using
analysis and test tools to provide recommendations to design
engineers. This role offers professional development and access to
global opportunities in a challenging, high-performance environment
with the opportunity to grow your expertise and be recognized among
your peers.Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Collaborate with system owners to set reliability and
durability targets for new vehicles.
- Collaborate with system owners to conduct benchmark tests of
PACCAR and competitive vehicles.
- Coordinate internal and external simulation and test resources,
including other PACCAR divisions.
- Support product development by simulating design concepts and
analyzing impacts on system performance.
- Validate system breakdowns by correlating models to test
- Deliver analysis reports with clear recommendations and
proposals for improvements to engineering teams.
- Present plans for reliability improvements for systems and
components to management for approval.
- Provide technical leadership in the creation of a roadmap for
vehicle reliability and durability to support new product
- Mentor systems engineers in the principles for reliability
engineering. Qualifications & Skills
- BS in Engineering or related field required; MS in Engineering
or related field and PE license preferred.
- ASQ or similar license for reliability engineering is
- Solid understanding of mechanical systems in motor vehicles,
mechatronic systems analysis, engines, and software impacts.
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and stay updated with the
latest technological advancements in the industry.
- Independence while building cooperation among individuals and
departments, sharing information and resources, and working to
achieve goals of internal and external customers.
- Effective analysis and project management skills.
- Excellent engineering judgment.
- Effective communication, presentation, and technical writing
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, the ability to manage
workloads, and the willingness to respond to shifting timelines and
- 5+ years of engineering experience related to reliability or
design quality testing preferred.
- Experience with data acquisition equipment.
- Experience with simulation software, such as MATLAB, is
- Experience with CAD software: Creo/ProE, SolidWorks, Catia,
etc. is preferred.
- Background in the automotive or heavy truck industry is
preferred. PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by
implementing policies and practices that ensure employees and
applicants are not discriminated against because of their race,
color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or
physical disability, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status or other legally protected status. This
applies to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion,
termination, rates of pay, and other conditions of employment."
This position supports global Reliability Initiatives and works
with brands across PACCAR's portfolio.
Keywords: Kenworth Truck Company, Kirkland , Reliability Project Engineer, Engineering , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!