Database Development Engineer, Build and Tools
Company: Tableau Software
Posted on: June 24, 2020
When applying internally, please keep your search tailored and
consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles at any given time to
ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and
TechnologyJob DetailsWhat you'll be doing...
You will play a key role on the Database Team in developing and
operating Tableau's engineering databases. The Database Team is
responsible for providing well-documented, stable and consistent
suite of databases for standard testing. Building on this core of
standard testing databases, the Database Team provides database
related expertise to Continuous Integration and Delivery,
Sustaining Engineering, Technical Support and Quality Assurance
This role requires a grounding in relational database skills with
exposure SAP BASIS, SAP HANA, SAP S4/HANA and SAP BW4/HANA. Though
technically titled as a DBE position, this DevOps role includes
database development and operational aspects. Development aspects
include Setup, Configured, Automation, Change Control, Scalable and
Performant designs. Operational aspect include monitoring and
diagnosis of SAP related issues, and defining SAP management and
maintenance processes. Many tasks on the Database Team have a
clearly defined goal, but the paths that can be taken are often
unknown or highly variable. This allows for a good deal of
self-directed investigation and the opportunity to present the team
with optional paths and recommendations, ideal for the self-starter
who enjoys jumping in the deep end.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Installation, configuration ,maintenance, upgrade and migration
of SAP systems S4/HANA, BW/4HANA, Solman 7.2, SAP Web IDE with some
knowledge of Data Modeling and Data loading and tools like Hana
Studio, SAP Download manger etc.
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise
the SAP environment (development, test, training and
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the
SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all
configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize
system performance and availability.
- Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.
- All backup operations for SAP system.
- Request and Transport Management Systems.
- SAP Kernel Upgrades and SAP Components for all SAP Systems, as
well as BPC and BI Support Packs.
- Implementing SAP OSS Notes.
- Appling SAP Add-Ons and Support Packages SPAM, SAINT.
- Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor, and manage
the SAP background job workload.
- Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP
- Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning
- Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs,
short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space,
- Administer the SAP database and perform database upgrades,
apply database maintenance etc.
- Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client,
delete client, export/import client) as required.
- Proficient in Transport Management System (STMS), Background
Job, Patches Installation, Kernel Upgrade, Spam Update, Operation
Modes (RZ04), Load Balancing (SMLG), etc. and various TCODES.
- Basic knowledge of ABAP language, familiarity with CDS views
and oData services.
- OS Space and Disk management
- OS and database level Backup & Recovery Operations
- OS level Security and Patch Monitoring and Management
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are...
- Deep understanding of SAP systems, including SAP BASIS, SAP
HANA, SAP S4/HANA and SAP BW/4HANA concepts and processes.
- Wide experience with various databases of many vendors and
types a plus.
- Knowledge and Understanding of both Windows and Linux operating
- Knowledge and Familiarity with using virtual machines and
infrastructure (VMWare or OpenStack experience a plus).
- Knowledge and Understanding of scripting using PowerShell or
- Knowledge and Understanding of AWS (Both deployment and
maintenance DBs in AWS).
- Expertise in designing database for performance, availability
and scalability, as well as diagnosing database performance
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in
this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the
best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of
the best companies in the world!
- 3+ years of experience working as a database developer, data
engineer, DevOps engineer, automation engineer or related
- Experience with multiple database vendors, virtual
infrastructure, and enterprise systems, supporting development
teams and driving for continuous improvements to their support and
- BS in Computer Science, similarly technical degree or
equivalent directly applicable experience.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability
applying for open positions please submit a request via this
Accommodations Request Form.Posting StatementAt Salesforce we
believe that the business of business is to improve the state of
our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our
communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a
workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and
initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive
benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and
explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity,
national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or
disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept
unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and
Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that
does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or
Salesforce welcomes all.
Keywords: Tableau Software, Kirkland , Database Development Engineer, Build and Tools, Engineering , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!