Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on: June 20, 2020
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to
small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide,
GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a
professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our
mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity
more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit
We've adapted our hiring process in response to COVID-19. To learn
more about what GoDaddy is doing differently click here.We are
looking for a Senior back-end engineer be a part of our team
working on technology to help GoDaddy improve our customers'
businesses. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we
do and are looking for technical people to share our vision. The
Experimentation team is building a platform that helps product
teams at GoDaddy deploy experimentation (e.g., A/B testing) to make
sound decisions based on data that provide the best experience for
We care about hiring great engineers rather than a specific
language skill set, but many people want to know what tech we're
using right now. The development stack spans API services (Python
and Go), data science and data engineering (Hadoop, Hive, and
NumPy), and DevOps (Kubernetes and AWS). What is more important
than anything specifically on the list is your willingness to grow,
learn, and adapt as our technology choices progress. A history of
demonstrated creativity will be to your advantage. Many of the
decisions for new projects will be directly driven by you, and you
will own your code from inception through production.
- Participate in development of pipelines for gathering and
analyzing experiment data.
- Help ensure the quality and performance of your team's code by
performing code reviews and defining best practices.
- Write code with the unit and integration tests to verify
- Participate in designing APIs to help power our internal
- Participate in DevOps, release, and on-call activities in
support of your code.
- Engage with engineers & leaders across GoDaddy to solve
business and customer problems (from group-wide to
- Continuously improve agile practices within your team and
- Support teams using the platform you help build.
- Collaborate in a distributed team.
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience designing, building, and shipping backend systems
with multiple tiers, including API, caching, and data access
- Experience with back-end technologies such as Python, Go, or
- Strong drive to learn, grow, and help engineers to do the
- Experience in, or strong interest in A/B testing
- Experience in data science and with related technologies, like
- Experience in data engineering and with related technologies,
- Experience with infrastructure technology, like AWS and
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
Software engineering experience is critical for this role. We own
the experimentation stack end-to-end and expect team members to
make code contributions across it. Don't worry if you think that
you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology,
and methodologies we use are constantly changing. We value talent
and interest over specific experience.
Our team is a welcoming place for all people. Some things we're
- Great place to re-enter the working world after time away.
- Comfortable office spaces in Kirkland, WA, San Francisco and
Sunnyvale, CA, and Cambridge, MA.
- The tools and culture to work remote as necessary.
- Highly collaborative team dedicated to the success of the team
as a whole.
- Sensitive and respectful working environment.
- We value diversity on our teams and can prove it.
- Dedicated, comfortable mother's rooms.
- An emphasis on work-life balance that helps us have enjoyable
and fulfilling jobs.
We believe in getting feedback about our work through participation
in open source. Check out some of the posts and projects we have
- Using Deep Learning for Domain Name Valuation.
- Running automated A/B tests in our CICD pipeline with
Kubernetes gated deployments.
- Kubernetes external secrets.
- Optimizing our Jenkins-based CICD pipeline using the Build
Monitoring plugin we wrote.
- Improving support for Node.js-based Kubernetes infrastructure
with Terminus and a "fluent" Node.js API client.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age,
race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union
status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth,
genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other
basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with local and federal
If you need assistance completing an application for a position
with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from
recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply. On
the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish
your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate
account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your
Keywords: GoDaddy, Kirkland , Senior Backend Engineer, Engineering , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!