Mental Health Nursing Instructor
Company: Northwest University's College Of Business
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Reports To Erin-Joy Bjorge, Dean of College of Nursing
Appointment Continuous Recruitment Close Date Open Until Filled
Classification Adjunct Faculty, Part-time Position SummaryTeach and
supervise the learning of junior year, baccalaureate nursing
students in mental health nursing both lecture and clinical
- Has a demonstrated record of successful teaching of nursing
skills, concepts, and critical thinking.
- Possesses a deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and to
the Spirit-filled life.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the integration of faith and
- Shows willingness and ability to apply the Christian worldview
in course design and instruction, and advising.
- Seeks opportunities to increase understanding of cross-cultural
- Indicates a commitment to helping students to achieve
overarching nursing program objectives and learning objectives
specific to the courses taught.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with students,
faculty, university staff, clinical site personnel and its
clients/patients, and the general constituency of the
- Models best instructional practices in the clinical or skills
- Continually develops professional skills in aspiring students
through coaching, modeling, evaluation, feedback, and direct
- Holds appropriate degrees from accredited colleges or
- Masters degree or higher in nursing, or
- Bachelors degree in nursing with a Masters degree in nursing or
a related field.
- Holds a current unrestricted license to practice as a
registered nurse in the State of Washington.
- Has current clinical experience of at least three years in the
clinical subject area being taught.CompensationDependent on
education and experience and based upon the established faculty
salary schedule.Application RequirementsTo be considered as a
candidate, the applicant must submit the following documents and
- Letter of interest.
- Curriculum vitae and, if available, a teaching portfolio.
- Names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at
least three references.
- Statement of your understanding of the relationship between the
integration of Christian faith and your discipline of study.
- Brief statement of personal faith journey and church
involvements.Please email your documents to:Dr. Erin-Joy Bjorge
Dean of the College of Nursing
firstname.lastname@example.orgSearch procedures will be closed,
when a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been
identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information,
so that the application file may be considered complete at the end
of the search period.Northwest UniversityNorthwest University is a
Christian coeducational undergraduate and graduate institution,
related to the Assemblies of God, offering baccalaureate and
master's, and doctoral level education. The sixty-acre campus is
located in Kirkland, Washington, just ten miles from downtown
Seattle. The campus is an ideal setting for study, recreation, and
inspiration and is centrally located and convenient to industry,
business, and commercial activities.Mission StatementWe, the people
of Northwest University, carry the call of God by continually
building a learning community dedicated to spiritual vitality,
academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need.In
addition, all faculty members at Northwest University must
subscribe to our Statement of Faith .AccreditationNorthwest
University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges
and Universities (regional). The University is endorsed by the
Commission on Christian Higher Education of the Assemblies of God
and the Association of Christian Schools International. The
University holds membership in the Council of Christian Colleges
and Universities.Northwest University's College of Business is
accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and
Programs (ACBSP). The Buntain College of Nursing's baccalaureate
degree is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing
Education. In addition, the College of Nursing has received
approval from the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance
Commission. The University is also approved by the Board of
Education and Superintendent of Public Instruction of the State of
Washington to prepare elementary and secondary education teachers
and recommend for certification. It is a member of the American
Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. Northwest
University's doctoral program in counseling psychology is
accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).The
University is approved by the Federal and State Governments for
student aid programs and for the training of international
students. Selected programs of study are approved by a Washington
State Approving Agency for enrollment of those eligible for
benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code and by Washington
State for training in Vocational Rehabilitation. It is listed in
the current bulletin, "Accredited Higher Education Institutions,"
published by the U.S. Office of Education.
Keywords: Northwest University's College Of Business, Kirkland , Mental Health Nursing Instructor, Education / Teaching , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!