Graphic Designer, TCG Product
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Summary: The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating
visual images and designs used in print or online media. The
Designer displays a mix of creative skills and an understanding of
brand promotion concepts and corporate identity. This role requires
imaginative flair, understanding of current trends in visual arts,
working knowledge of latest Adobe design applications, and a grasp
of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact design
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Interpret internal stakeholders' needs into visual
- Develop design briefs by gathering information to clarify
- Produce digital designs for products that are on-brand,
accurate, and of high quality.
- Work on and manage multiple design projects or concepts
- Think creatively to conceptualize and develop innovative
designswhile producing accurate and high quality work.
- Stay up-to-date with ongoing developments in design
applications and new print/media trends and techniques in an effort
to bring consistent innovation to designs and the Pok--mon brand as
- Consult with design manager, art director, and/or other team
members as needed on complex or specialized projects.
- Prepares print orders and assembly instructions on notification
of final approval. - - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional
- Bachelors degree required.
- Proficient in producing design work aligned with brand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Experience designing packaging
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and expert proficiency
with the latest versions of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and
Photoshop on Mac OS
- Experience with localization is a plus
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: 77000.00 - 118000.00 $. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Profile: Graphic Designer (IC2)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Kirkland , Graphic Designer, TCG Product, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!