Localization Editor II - French
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Localization Editor Level II (French)
Job Summary: The Localization Editor (French) is a core member of
the Editing team. This position works closely with fellow editors,
translators, project coordinators, and members of various
departments on all editorial facets of Pok--mon products. This
includes maintaining factual accuracy, brand accuracy, and
impeccable grammatical standards for the Pok--mon Trading Card
Game, animated series, movies, official website, apps such as
Pok--mon GO, and other materials in the localization editor's
language of expertise. This requires high-level knowledge of the
grammar and vocabulary of the language of expertise, including
slang, phraseology, and other nuances.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Translate, edit, review, and proof a variety of company-wide
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and
- Ensure consistency in style and terminology.
- Adapt text information to suit the needs of various
- Review, revise, and proofread soft and hard copy.
- Collaborate with fellow editors, along with various other
department members, such as translators, designers, and project
- Report regularly on project status and progress to the Manager,
Localization Editing (French).
What you'll bring
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related professional
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study, or equivalent
years of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate, edit, revise, or rewrite
text-based content in language of expertise.
- Must be detail oriented, with proven experience in handling
multiple simultaneous projects, including publishing under regular
- Native-speaker level in language of expertise and fluency in
English are required.
- Able to work flexibly in an environment that features tight
deadlines and shifting schedules.
- Ability to learn how to use specialized technical programs
- Must be a team player with exceptional communication
- Pok--mon brand knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of SDL Trados is a plus.
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- All applicants must provide a cover letter (approximately 250
words in French) along with their r--sum--. This will be a
qualification to the role.
- All selected applicants must complete an aptitude test and an
interview test to measure their skills.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Profile: Localization Specialist (IC2)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Kirkland , Localization Editor II - French, Advertising , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!