Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
Posted on: March 18, 2023
RAIN CITY CAPITAL
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT / CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Are you an experienced executive leader who can effectively develop
and execute strategies and drive growth, while maintaining a people
first approach? Do you recognize the importance of building strong
teams and fostering a fun and competitive work culture? Can you
pivot quickly in response to changing market conditions or
unexpected challenges? If you are ready to break the mold in an
industry-leading company, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal EVP / COO is:
- Strategic. Even when there are challenges that ripple through
the market, you are calm and slow things down for the advantage of
- Trust but verify. Your team is trusted, valued, and
experienced, but knows your oversight protects them as well as the
brand in a highly regulated environment.
- Hands-On. You are intimately familiar with the day-to-day
operations of your company. As an action-oriented leader, you are
not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Culture Champion. You are the "glue" that holds things together
even when the going gets tough. You are fun, energetic, and the
go-to person for your team.
- Authentic. You are down to earth, approachable, and
collaborative. Using your emotional intelligence, you can and will
set healthy boundaries. Even in a fast-paced environment you have a
strong emotional connection with your team.
- Mission Oriented. You communicate goals and expectations.
Everyone knows where they stand and makes it happen. Our ideal
EVP/COO is committed, versatile, and understands crucial
conversations are important to the company's success. Systems and
processes are your superpower, and you help others see the
importance of the financial bottom line when it comes to
successfully growing an entrepreneurial business. Reporting to the
CEO, you enjoy being the go-to person for numbers and data, enjoy
being the go-to person in the organization.
The job responsibilities of the EVP/COO include, but are not
- Communicates and implements Visionary/CEO directives
- LMA - leads, manages, and holds people accountable in the right
- Responsible for organizational operations and processes;
creation and implementation of processes that will drive the
- Maintains and develops organizational coaching and mentoring
programs to ensure individual career growth
- Leads all Level 10 EOS meetings, holds 1:1s with Leadership
- Drive and provide input to all of leadership to ensure
companywide operational integrity Operational Oversight
- Operational excellence which includes Ops, HR, Sales, IT,
Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting, Accounting and Finance (with
- Responsible for Human Resources department: Talent Acquisition,
Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits (ensuring market
competitiveness), People and Culture initiatives and organizational
quarterly performance reviews
- Ensures corporate compliance from city, state, and federal
- Owns compliance and internal controls for all departments
- Responsible for all non-loan specific issues and
- Keeps organization up to date and relevant on all mortgage
lending and services Implementation
- Assesses day to day needs of organization; delegates
effectively to resolve issues
- Owns continued implementation of EOS - (Entrepreneurial
Operating System), including Rocks, 1-year, 3-year, and 10-year
- Develops and champions culture, including work-life integration
- Responsible for completion of special projects in working with
Visionary; any company or corporate due diligence when needed
- Ensure legal compliance with vendors and review all company
legal contracts to determine potential organizational exposure
- 7+ years banking / mortgage lending operations and compliance
- 5+ years of executive leadership experience
- Cross functional and multi-departmental leadership
- Experience with Human Resources operations (including, but not
limited to: talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation
and benefits, and compliance)
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience Preferred
- Has experience contributing to growth of an organization with
- Experience leading and managing rapid, dynamic organizational
change (such as: location expansion, work environment transition,
- Small to mid-sized company leadership experience
- Treasury management experience Desired
- Integrator experience
- Familiarity with EOS - (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- Private money lending knowledge THE COMPANY - Rain City
We are Rain City Capital - a fast growing hard money lender
headquartered in Kirkland, WA. We put our borrowers first and
prioritize smart long-term decision making, which is how we've
built our business almost exclusively on word-of-mouth referrals.
Since 2009, we have funded over $1 billion in loans for flips,
short sales, escrow, and auction purchases in over 6000
transactions. We partner with each of our borrowers to ensure
success. Unlike the industry in 2007 - and for some lenders today -
it is not about the quick buck for Rain City. It is about keeping
it simple and lending with integrity.
WHY Rain City Capital?
No two workdays are the same, so our team is made up of individuals
who aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and make it happen. Our
staff is energetic, fun, and committed to leading the industry by
putting the relationship before the transaction:
- No filter; just honest conversations
- Fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Our mission statement is not just wall art
- No work silos allowed!
- We make what we do fun!
- Transparent work expectations. Flexible, accommodating,
- Hybrid work environment
- We run on EOS - - and it has transformed our company!
- We are always looking to grow and improve
- At the end of the day, we care about each other Our Core Values
- Have Fun - We build relationships that make doing business fun
and motivating every single day. We enjoy our work, are great at
it, and don't take ourselves too seriously.
- Be Real - We do what we say we're going to do with
authenticity. We set our customers, investors, and each other up
for success, even if it means telling them something they don't
want to hear.
- Own It - We hold ourselves and each other accountable for end
results, win or lose. We're accountable for what we own and own
what we're accountable for - if we make a mistake, we do our best
to make it right.
- Embrace Change - We choose change over comfort. We reach for
new opportunities, ask questions, and share ideas with enthusiasm.
We're always looking to move the line and find a better way.
- Get Shit Done - We work as a team to overcome obstacles, make
decisions quickly, and get things done the right way. We go the
extra mile to make it happen. Salary range: $200k - $225k
- Medical, dental, vision (employee premiums fully paid by
- 12 paid holidays
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year with annual graduated accrual up
to 12 days per year
- 401k plan
If you are ready to make your mark on a lively and game-changing
organization and take your career to new heights, apply today!
JOB CODE: Rain City Capital
Keywords: VisionSpark, Kirkland , Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...