Branch Supervisor Kirkland
Company: Seattle Credit Union
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Branch Supervisor Kirkland365 Kirkland Ave, Kirkland, WA 98033,
USA Req #539 Friday, November 20, 2020Job Title: Branch
SupervisorFunctional Area: OperationsDepartment: BranchReports to:
Branch ManagerEmployee Type: Regular, FTFLSA Status:
Non-ExemptSeattle Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants,
including racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans,
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Role at
Seattle Credit UnionSeattle Credit Union is dedicated to assisting
our members achieve financial prosperity by listening to their
needs and providing the education, banking services, and lending
tools to achieve those goals. We're looking for innovative,
conscientious and dedicated professionals who are excited to give
back to the communities they serve and make a positive impact in
the lives of all people in our community. Our credit union places
focus and commitment to be inclusive of all members to help them
further their financial goals, and all employees, so they can
succeed in our workplace.Our Branch Supervisor is responsible for
the member service, operational integrity, people development, and
sales production of the branch, as directed by the Branch Manager.
The Branch Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of
the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTIONSLEADERSHIP & STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Enable individual team members to grow and succeed by providing
timely feedback, coaching effectively, and rewarding hard
- Responsible for the timely completion of staff performance
reviews, performance development plans, staff one-on-one meetings,
and staff coaching sessions.
- Effectively conduct and participate in branch sales, service,
and operational staff meetings as directed by the branch
- Support, promote, and ensure that staff activities are aligned
with SMCU's overall mission, vision, and values.Demonstrated
ability to drive for results and hold branch staff accountable for
achieving individual/branch sales, service, and operational
goals.SALES & SERVICE
- Leads by example by demonstrating effective consultative sales
and service interactions using the Platinum Sales & Service
- Steps in to function as a branch teller and new accounts/loan
representative as needed to maintain a high quality member service
- Assists staff in maintaining individual Quality Loop member
satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by
providing high quality service based on our service standards.
- Uses coaching as the primary tool for improving staff
performance by holding regular coaching sessions and documenting
results using the Platinum Sales & Service
- Responsible for completing branch audits for signature cards,
loan files, cash counts, negotiable instruments, new accounts, and
any other audits, as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of
Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), Customer Information Program (CIP) is
maintained in areas such as currency transaction reporting, new
accounts, new loans, suspicious activity reporting, and the
completion of wire transfer requests.
- Assures that staff is trained on all operational/procedural
changes in a timely manner.
- Maintains security of physical premises; branch assets (cash,
cash items, furniture, fixtures, and equipment); members'
- Ensures that end of day branch balancing procedure is
successfully completed at the end of each business day.
- In order to comply with the SAFE Act, this position may be
required to register with the NMLS Registry as a Mortgage Loan
Originator (MLO).OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNEDWORKING CONDITIONS
- Direct exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. Will be required to
attend off-hours and off-site meetings.
- Will be required to work Saturday hours.
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies such as coin
or additional currency orders, boxes of copy paper, transaction
receipts, computer paper, and checks up to 50 lbs.QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma/GED required - 2 year college degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office
- Solid knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy
- Strong knowledge of consumer or home equity loans
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations such
as Reg B, Reg E, Reg D, Reg CC, Reg Z, and the Bank Secrecy
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Cash drawer balancing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skillsABILITIES
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy
within and outside the organization.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced
- Math aptitude sufficient to understand and explain dividend and
- Ability to understand and readily learn computer lending and
other system applicationsExperience
- Minimum of two years' experience in a financial services
industry required, banking or credit union preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in financial services operations
(including customer service, business development, lending and
- Minimum of one year experience in a supervisory, leadership or
coaching capacity, providing leadership, training and coaching
feedback/guidance to others
- Knowledge and previous experience in customer service, business
development, lending and teller experienceTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Other details
Keywords: Seattle Credit Union, Kirkland , Branch Supervisor Kirkland, Accounting, Auditing , Kirkland, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!